Activities in the area
Close to theHôtel les Peupliers, discover the Serre-Ponçon lake and its nautical activities, the Durance and water sports, E-bikes, the ski resort of Les Orres…
Adults and children can make very nice cultural visits in the region :
- Embrun (4 km), town of History : the cathedral Notre-Dame du Réal, the Tour Brune, the Maison des Chanonges, the chapels of the ancient convent of Cordeliers.
- the Abbey of Boscodon : founded par the monastic order of Chalais at the 12th century and classified "Historical Monument " since 1974.
- Savines-le-Lac (9 km) : The old village was destroyed during the construction of the dam of Serre-Ponçon and drowned in the waters of the lake. Its subsequent re-construction explains the modern architecture made by Achille de Panasket. This unique history was acknowledged in June 2011 when the whole village was awarded the « patrimoine XXe siècle » label.
- The fortress of Mont-Dauphin (22 km) : A beautiful site, designed as Unesco World Heritage, built by Vauban at the end of the 17th century in order to have a large view on the Guil and Durance Valleys. The citadel is one of the most preserved of the world.
- The old town of Briançon also designed as Unesco World Heritage, its collegiale church and its « gargouilles ».
For nature lovers, the Hautes-Alpes offer you big spaces of the Ecrins National Park and the Queyras regional natural Park.
By following the GR 653D from the pass of Montgenèvre until Arles, through Embrun, go on the routes to Santiago de Compostela, via Alta in the Hautes-Alpes. 30 km from the hotel, discover « Notre dame du Laus », a famous pilgrim place.
Many activities can be made close to the hotel either in the winter or in the summer : ski, hiking, mountain bike, hiking bikes and e-bikes, paragliding, climbing, via ferrata, rafting, hydro-speed, kayak, sailing, kite surf, water skiing, ...